Coordinates the reception area activities to promote communication throughout the Facility. Performs clerical and reception duties.
Reports To: Business Office Manager
QUALIFICATIONS:Medical Clerical experience preferred.
Two years clerical experience preferred.
Strong communication skills required.
Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE:Office Environment
- Admits patients to the Facility following the established policies and procedures.
- Assembles patient medical record forms and prepares patient identification.
- Assists Financial Counselor in obtaining pertinent information to register patient and attaches proper means to document patient identity.
- Provides pertinent information to the patient’s family in the waiting area according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors waiting area.
- Coordinates reception area activities for effective communication with all areas of the Facility.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice.
- Accepts and relays messages effectively.
- Informs physician’s office of admissions and activities concerning admissions.
- Distributes Surgery Schedule.
- Maintains and protects each patient’s right to confidentiality.
- Identifies emergencies and initiates appropriate response.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Assists in ordering and stocking supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the front desk.
- Prepares all bank deposits following Facility cash controls.
- Coordinates obtaining diagnostic tests and places diagnostic test reports in appropriate section of patient medical record.
- Generate and distribute Physician Check List monthly.
- Prepares CQI report from Physician Check List responses.
- Monitors computer system for proper daily back-up process.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications