HIM Clerk - PRN
|Title:||HIM Clerk - PRN|
|Department:||Health Information Mgmt|
Responsible for retrieving, assembling, analyzing, scanning and filing of medical records. Prepares folders and maintains records in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern medical records. Performs release of information functions.QUALIFICATIONS
Reports To: HIM Manager
Reports To: HIM Manager
High School Graduate or GED.
Minimum one year experience in an acute care hospital setting or related healthcare experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSUREOffice Environment
- Retrieves discharged records on daily basis.
- Assembles record into chart order.
- Preps record for scanning into hospital system.
- Analyzes record for completeness.
- Flags record for deficiencies by entering deficiencies in hospital system.
- Coordinates with transcription company for dictation for records.
- Sends appropriate notices to physicians asking for completion of deficiencies (missing dictation and/or signatures).
- Files records in designated area using terminal digit filing system.
- Works with offsite storage company for sending and retrieving records.
- Performs release of information functions following departmental policy, HIPAA guidelines and other required federal and state guidelines.
- Answers telephone and delivers accurate messages in a timely manner.
- Assist physicians with incomplete record issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications