Coordinates the scheduling of procedures following facility policy and procedures to meet the needs of the patient and physician. Perform responsibilities of pre-certifying and insurance verification for scheduled cases.
Reports To: Business Office ManagerSupervises: None
- Highs school diploma required.
- Experience in a surgical facility preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Requires language skills adequate for written and interpersonal communication in American English.
Category III exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards.
- Considers priorities and special needs when scheduling preoperative appointments and surgical procedures.
- Schedules appointments and procedures according to policies on nursing and anesthesia staff availability, patient needs and physician’s block time.
- Coordinates surgical preoperative appointment schedule with clinical preoperative activates.
- Maintains schedule according to procedure and physician’s time and staffing requirements.
- Coordinates schedule assessing time and equipment availability; identifies conflicts and adjusts schedule as needed.
- Prepares appointment schedule and Surgery Schedule for review by the Operating Room Supervisor so that adjustments may be made as required.
- Assumes clerical duties and responsibilities as necessary.
2.2 May prepare bank deposits following facility cash controls.
2.3 Coordinates obtaining diagnostic tests and places diagnostic test reports in appropriate section of patient medical record.
- May perform duties of the admitting Receptionist and/or Biller as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications